Player

Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Life as a Series of Demos - Part 10: On the Radio - KRUU-LP in Fairfield, Iowa


Part Ten: On the Radio - KRUU-LP in Fairfield, Iowa

For the Horizontal Program album, above, I created a fictitious radio station called KROO. Ten years or so later Fairfield, Iowa, became the home of a new community radio station called KRUU. Weird. My station was pronounced ‘K-Roo’ and KRUU is pronounced ‘Crew,’ but still...

I’ve been a DJ at KRUU pretty much since it went on the air, and at this writing I currently host three shows. The Intercranial Whizbang Hour and Hepcats’ Holiday are both kitchen-sink free-form music shows and Beatles Undercover features “...the best, worst and weirdest versions of Beatles songs ever recorded.” KRUU is a wonderfully eclectic (and solar-powered!) station for both music and public affairs programming. You can stream it live by clicking on the link in the previous paragraph.

I’ve done a lot of production work for KRUU, mostly station ID’s and promos for my various shows. I’m reasonably proud of my ‘celebrity’ ID’s and promos - I think I do a pretty good Tom Waits and Marvin the Martian, especially.

Here are some of my favorites:

Marvin the Martian SID
Beatles Undercover Promo
Classy SID
Daylight Savings -'Spring Forward' PSA
Daylight Savings- 'Fall Back' PSA
Far Bleepin' Out SID
Halloween Special 2010 Promo
Halloween Special Promo
Hepcats' Holiday - ‘Tom Waits’ Promo
Intercranial Whizbang Hour - 'Supremes' Promo
Intercranial Whizbang Hour - "New Time" Promo
Intercranial Whizbang Hour - ‘Drop Everything’ Promo
Intercranial Whizbang Hour - ‘Good Vibrations’ Promo
Intercranial Whizbang Hour Intro
John Lennon: Beatles and Beyond Promo
Kaleidoscope Highs SID
Soda Powered SID
Sound of the Sun SID
Superstation! SID
VOTE! PSA




No comments:

Post a Comment